Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"The real thing"-Jill Scott


I am a sucker for good music. To me, good music is one I can listen to all day n still have that excitement in my voice singing along, or just enjoying it.
“The real Thing”-Jill Scott
For those of you that love this lady most agree that she sure did her thing with this album like she always does. I heard the first single “hate on me” n to be 4 real I wasn’t feeling it like I normally do to her songs so I went ahead n got the cd just to make sure she wasn’t going to disappoint me this tyme.
Gosh I hate the fact that I underestimated her. During my drive from the store to my house, I couldn’t go pass three songs. I kept going back trying to listen to every word, sentence and meaning of the song. Let it be, the real thing, and hate on me. Gets you all excited n expectant of what’s yet to come.
Epiphany was one that made me think I was listening to someone else aiight the beat is on point after the calm beats coming from crown royal, she completely blows you with this 2min 33sec piece that keeps you hoping for more. The passion in her voice makes you imagine what exactly she is talking about. You all Jill Scott lovers knows she is big on love, love making n romance. This song definitely was not different. She defiantly makes you feel this sudden insight on what she is singing about.
My love? Perfect placing, right after epiphany.
Insomnia..” why is she always begging for love” – a friend said after I forced her to listen to the cd. Ok really Insomnia was a perfect example, but come on she did that song justice. Her voice makes you feel like its you thinking in your head.
Celibacy Blues!!!! I LOVE JAZZ n that the first thing that came to my mind when I heard this one was Jazz n blues!!!!!. Sounded like one of her poem. (ok if you have not read her poems you need to buy that book ”the moment the minute and the hour” …HOT!!!! Deep!!!!)
All I???? this was defiantly the icing on the cake. The song is so sexual yet sophisticated. She starts off with this questions that puts you in the setting of what’s she’s singing about. She explains her feeling, her thots , her location and her wants all at the same thyme….
Wanna be loved n Breath really takes it home.
Music !!! really what wud i do without good music? iight if i had to write what i really felt about the whole album i guess thats what my whole blog would be about cause its so deep and meaningful, its hard to minimize your explanation...

2 comments:

Skinny Hipster... said...

lmao.......the cd should be skipping by now-seriously.

**gasp** was the expression on my face when I saw your comment. It was shocking because I didn't know you still exited on this "blogsville" as Nwando would say. Thanks

Hey Kenny Urvin tonight...if Yinka gets outta class early hope she told u

Yinka Adebayo said...

Jill Scott rocks,hip hop is dead, shes one of the few people that make me still turn on ma radio, i love what she writes about, even if an still that lil innocent 21 year old beauty!!!