Monday, December 3, 2007

My Count down !!!!

Ok its been almost a year since I have last been home( Nigeria) and gosh am I looking fwd to my trip.
I have exactly two weeks from today, a week n four days away from my big presentation!!! (Excited about that also) to be HOME!!!
For some wired reasons, my sister n I chose to go through Germany instead if london like we normally do. And so far i see it as my LAST tyme. After constant procrastination, I finally called in n made an appointment for the visa interview. Now tell me, why did I accept an eight am appointment all the way in DC on a monday morning???? I knew well enough I wasn't going to drive in that traffic, coz my sis would be sleeping and i just dont do traffic. So we decided to take the train for the very first time!!!!!
Ok first thing, we missed the 6 15am train n had to get on the 6 30. Getting in, I was all excited like a kid in the candy store, (in my head I was hoping for some nice views n if not, at least it wud move FAST) well unfortunately it wasn't!!!! Slow as only God knows wot, and views? Oh pls nothing worth staying up for.
So we get to Dc n got a cab( its 7:3o in the morning, n i am still in that " reflecting on me" Zone n God I am not ready for a long ass conversation with anybody !!!! ) Well like the rest of the day, it defiantly wasn't what I was hoping for. The cab driver, literally held a FULL conversation till we got to the embassy n trust me I had that tone in my voice like( I really am not in the mood plsssss) its either I wasn't doing a good job, or he didn't just care coz he kept going. After finding out we where from Nigeria, he had the nerve to say we have been spoiled by "America" ok i was not exactly mad at that statement but it just made me want to go home even More.
We finally get to the embassy on time, Thank God but, the gate was closed n the guy at the gate said we had to wait( in the windy cold open space no sun shinning gate entrance). we finally get in n thats a whole story on its own.
We leave the embassy n we got a more advanced talkative cab driver naa he was worse he was even dramatizng it n all. I was cracking up with my sister n after a while I put on my earphone n was in the world of "the real thing" jill scott was doing her thing like she always does n boy was I relieved .Epiphany sounded like a totally new song listening to it right after the nice but talkative indian driver.
Sitting in the train back to baltimore, all I cud think of was HOME!!! Gosh I miss Nigeria. So what more can I do when all I can think about is my trip home, than to start a count down blog about my trip home???

8 comments:

Skinny Hipster... said...

LMAO!!!!! Damn Africans...I hate catching the cab because I don't want to run into an African man that might know my parent. You guys really f'd up by telling him your real name...Well, thinking about it you were going to Nigeria embassy.

Still, you could have said the place is next to the Nigerian embassy......lmao good one sha

yahhh HOMEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Miz Arkitect said...

lol i see you scanned through but didnt read it coz if u did u would notice that we went to the GERMAN embassy not NIGERIAN !!!!!!!!

Skinny Hipster... said...

LMAO I read it but I WAS thinking Nigeria sorry...I READ everything I'm not Jason lol. You said u decided not to go through London for the 1st time...blah blah blah 8am in the morning...train ride was not as exiting as u thought...TRUST ME......I GOT YOU B!!!!!!!! lol

Miz Arkitect said...

ahahah lol no one can beat Jason's read thru

Yinka Adebayo said...

this is yinka temitope aina, incase i appear annonymous, dat train was slowwwwwwwwww, this beautiful writing sister of mine kept asking me if it wud go faster, mind you it was both our first time. we didnt believe we wud get der, everything was funny, missin the first train was funny, getting on the train n waitin for it to move faster was funnier, havin her ask me when it wud gain speed was even more funny. those cab men, damn talked too damn much. and then when we got in front of the embassy this gal didnt know the speakers took everything we said n she was cussing out the guard. lol. all together, it was a fun experience even if i dont count it as my first train ride. i was expecting first class, with the lil tables and someone passing by with drinks n breakfast. maybe i expected too much...

Miz Arkitect said...

maybe? pls dat sounds like a dream !!!!

dScR?Be said...

lol... CONGRATS on ur first train ride 2 DC! LOL

Miz Arkitect said...

lol thanks wasn't what i expected at ALLLLL