Friday, December 28, 2007

Family Vacation @ Ogudu

At first I was skeptical about this trip, maybe it's the fact that I just arrived a day ago they saying we have to take a road trip down there for 7HRS !!!! Come on I just got off the longest trip ever down here and now you want me to sit in the car for 7 hrs??? Knowing my family, I know we going to stop on and on on the road coz my dad would keep buying fruits, site seeing and all. Anyways how did this come up?
Ok my mum planned a get away trip for my dad and her on his birthday, and they said it was unbelievable and that it was worth us seeing aiight I would agree, I saw pictures and I was like wow this is beautiful as in Nature @ its fullest so we all agreed to spend our Christmas holiday there. With the other option being our village, trust me we all jumped on it was the greatest thing in the world.
Like I predicted, we had over 8 stops and I am not joking as in very unnecessary ones as a matter of fact. I got so fed up and tired at the same time. It was taking forever for us to get to this “ spot” that we all looking fwd to go to.
Finally we get to the gate and we had a choice to either drive in the car through the so called “ snake road” or take a cable car ride up the mountain. I would lie I didn’t really trust that ride so I was so after the driving the car with the drivers, but my dad insisted we all experienced it.
We got on the ride and most I say, all of a sudden I forgot the fact that I think I have a fear for height. I made the mistake of looking down and I could just see my would life falling DOWN it seem never ending as in I could imaging something falling down and never getting to the end that’s how it was but of all things, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. OMG God is really good as in it was an incredible view I would wanna miss in life gosh anyone that says God isn’t real is really in denial coz come o how else can you explain that? We could look down at the road and was I thankful I was not in the car… it seem like you would drive down the mountain.
The trees where deep green no light green naa really, it was all shades of green it was thick and fresh.
The sky was amazing. It was so blue yet so white I could see through it was just beautiful. So from the ride, I was already satisfied as In I was like even If this place has nothing else to offer, the view, was satisfying. The view justified my time in the car. The view was all I needed for this trip to make me have a good time; the view was all I needed to have a wonderful vacation with my family.

So we finally get to our House, (@ the mountain Villa) I promise you, it was HOT !!! as in it looked so much like a beach house the architecture was simple yet so functional. YESSS I had to bring Architecture into this my lil sis was tired of me coz I was looking around and realized it was a pre-fab structure. Did it work for them? Hell yes it was so sophisticated, as in it was very classy. the wood was simply beautiful. I love the way they used light as an important aspect of the building as in there was glass doors leading to the Balcony from the living room and 2 of the bedrooms. It was meant to be a place to appreciate nature, and in every way you look at, it was there. The view from the Balcony was Amazing... we had like the best view i wish i could take it where ever i go. and did I talk about the weather oh it was priceless. Not the typical sunny hot weather in Abuja or Lagos, it had this nice cool breeze constantly blowing and just right that just a scarf or a sweater would do just fine.
The furniture in the house is nice; the finishing on them gave this smooth feel. Yes I actually went around and looked at everything. Really all that was missing was the heavy snow out side and a fireplace. I could see a movie scene or something in here.

2 comments:

desperate lady said...

lol damn, now i wanna go to naija asap. i guessed u were probably in naija cos of ur late update.
Ref to ur last post- U bribed the man? lmaoo chei naija will never change.
You guys should visit calabar, i heard the place is way better than Abuja now.

Miz Arkitect said...

yes we did thats why i felt bad!!! lol Yes it is beautiful went there thats why my update was late was over there for about 6days amazing !!!!!!!!