Saturday, February 16, 2008

I donno!!! Cry maybe????



Yes i cried as in tears rolling down , me shaking , nose running (lol not that bad but i cried sha)
15min earlier 
So i got an appointment with the apple store for 2:45. i was there at 2:20. 
Didnt call me up to the bar till about 3pm 
So it was a friend of mine, the agent and one of my professors from school
So the agent asked me to turn on my laptop, and b4  i could say anything, he immediately said they cant cover the damage. I was shocked, angry and trying to hold back. i could not get all smart or curse @ him, coz my prof was right there and i was trying to protect the schools name lol So i asked him, why do i have a warranty thats not yet expired and a protection plan if it cant cover a damage? and he kept going back and front about how they wud only cover it if it was a weather damage to the LCD like maybe the heat blah blah . i cudnt stand in front of him, he then said or we could take it in and when we done, we can call you and you can pay the bill. Ok that sounds decent, but how much are we talking about here? $1200..... as you all can see, its like the world is against me or sthing, emm all my enemies wud fall down oh, lol as in first it was my external hard drive, then now my laptop. so i walked out with the anger and pain in my heart. so i called my brother, who infected me with the mac virus and was telling him what happened. he was all oh wow try another store blah blah and if they say the same thing, let me know. and the last straw that broke the camels back he said" wow if that was me , i wud shed a tear, juts one" Immediately from no where i was in the middle of the mall crying like a little girl. i was literally crying the tears cudnt stop running down. i was using my pashmina to wipe it, but it was still pouring (gosh did i hate the look everyone's face around me had on as in like" do u need a shoulder to cry on??"
So i got off the phone with my brother crying and all i could think about was to call my mum. 
told her what happened and she was like is that why you crying? hold up really i know i love my laptop but come on, was that why i was crying??????????? anyways i told her and she gave my Dad the phone. i hate when he does this..... my mum has told him everything i said already, coz i could hear her telling him, and when he got to the phone, he was like. oya what happened???
so i had to try and force words out of my crying voice and he started laughing.. yep thats my Dad, he finds something funny in everything one says. So my mum got back on the phone and asked if my friend was by me , i said yes and she said she wanted to talk to her. She got on the phone with her and was asking her why i was crying ok I AM GROWN MUMMY just coz i am crying dont mean she had to ask my friend why she allowed me cry like she would have stopped me from crying. So my dad got back on the phone and asked what i wanted to do. i told him there was no way i was going to fix a laptop i got for $2000 with $1200. its not even a year old. I was after the cost, my dad was after my education . Yes i know all my designs and projects are on my laptop but its $1200 do you know how many shoesssssssssssssss i can buy with that ??? OH GOD . so he told me i sud do what i have to do to get my project back on track. blah blah this is your last semester (the naija thing came in) the devil knows you going to be great, first it was you hard drive now this. dont let the devil put u down.Go ahead and get a new one and make sure they get all your information back on. You would think i would stop crying then? NO i started even more. he was confussed... P what is it? lol and you say  u tough, why u crying? everything would be ok just go find out how soon you can get you information to a new notebook. 
blah blah balh the conversation went on. 
So yes now i can laugh about it, but i really cant believe i cried. i love my notebook but men its crazy why have an apple care protection BS for $349 and it doesnt cover a CRACK ???????????? so does that justify me crying??? it actually felt good, its been a while since i cried i guess i just cried all for one coz really it could not have been all coz of the notebook. lol 

12 comments:

Skinny Hipster... said...

awww you guys should hear her explain this while talking...sorry now i dont want my mac.

Miz Arkitect said...

@NEEF: lol trust me i am still gonna have my mac back or die trying lol that didnt sound right.
@HW: hey hon, emm bright side? which side is it?? lol well spoke t othem on and on n now they said i sud send it n they wud see what they can do. so fingers crossed!!! i am feeling much better by the way thanks

Anu boy said...

arghhh, whahala dey oh.. na wa, so wetin de happen...

get your laptop fixed ohhhhh....

pele dearie

Miz Arkitect said...

@ aboy: thanks hon. I am fyne now sha really thinking. Back n wondering why I cried ma dad still laughs @ me wen he calls. Any how fingers crossed they fix it. So how u dey? Hope u not having one of those ur dreams again oh. Lol

dScR?Be said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was reading dis and thinking, "Does Neef know about this?" with all the hype on Macs hisssssssssss...

I'm glad everything will work out and I'm glad u cried! Crying is sooooooooooooooooo refreshing, trust me, I KNOW!!!

What ur pops said is true oh... devil is a bad devil.... nothing do u jare... laters!

Afrobabe said...

Awwwww sorry babes...would hate anything happening to my laptop as well but 2 years down the line Dell still repairs mine for free...guess I'll stick with them...

lol @ parents...yep same thing happens with my folks..my mum tells my dad everything I am saying then he gets on the phone and asks what happened...

desperate lady said...

lol but really, is that y u were crying? at least ur dad is willing to get u a new one, what if he refused to give u d money?

NaijaScorpio said...

Crying does make you feel better. I find it to be a great stress reliever. Maybe u were long overdue for a good cry. So did u get it fixed?

Miz Arkitect said...

@1spt: thanks hon. Yeah i told her, too late she ordered it already and u know what? i wud get a mac again, i guess i just love it. !!!
@honeywell: emmmmm they changing their tone on meeee... saying my service has been on hold. i smell a bill comeing up !!!!
@Afrobabe: hey hon, yess i miss me Dell . OMG did that poor laptop go thru a lot with me. emm and it stood strong like i treated it like my step child (lol) and it was still faithful.
@dl: hsssss hsss ( i donno how to hiss online self... YES I CRIEd !!!!! i no fit cry again? lol girl it was more than the lap top making me cry men. too much negativity around me lately i donno why one thing or the other., so this was just an excuss to cry @ once.
@sting: hey welcome !!!! thanks for stopping by . crying sure helped out. it was a whole bunch of things added to it. Fix? i am as clueless as u are right now. they playing with MII !!!!
@honeywell: trying to trying to ned to get on my feet

Anonymous said...

cry cry baby...lol..u sound so cute!!! i hope u get evrything sorted soon!

La Reine said...

*sigh* I honestly should've been here sooner.

Totally feel you on the laptop thing.
God dey, jare, it is well.

dScR?Be said...

ahn ahn.. madam? what has blogville done 2 offend u? how dare u water our mouths then leave us hanging